- 1956-07 (Creation)
Level of description
Extent and medium
Immediate source of acquisition or transfer
Content and structure area
Scope and content
St. Lawrence Power Operators' house being moved through Mille Roches from Maple Grove. Mille Roches business section at left with burned out restaurant owned by Everett Bush. The Provincial Paper Mill water-tower is at left in the distance. Garnet Cook's Texaco Service Station on right.
This house was the second house moved into Long Sault, and it became Ontario-Hydro's relocation office at 35 Bethune Avenue. Its identity number was SL 701, and it was moved to Lot 366 in Townsite #2 on July 18, 1956, and placed on its new foundation the following day. A Benns family lived in this house shortly after being used as the Hydro office, then the Taplay family. David and Linda Synott and family lived here for many years. In 2021, Mario and Amy Kraemer Gibeault and family call this Seaway house their "Home"