Showing 2081 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection
Print preview Hierarchy View:

2063 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

View of Mille Roches across Bergin Lake

View of Mille Roches across Bergin Lake from Frying Pan Island. The structures from left to right: Tait Estate - St. George's Anglican Hall, Rodney Silmser home and tourist cabins, Cecil MacMillan home, George Derousie home, Joe Robertson home, and Fire Truck garage at right.

Howard Manson Block

Howard Manson Block, Mille Roches, with Stanley Fleming's home at left. Morris Fyckes had a General Store and Post Office in this building. This store was originally built in 1842, but was destroyed by fire in the 1938-39 New Year's Eve fire. It was rebuilt in 1940

Mille Roches downtown and ships

Top left - Probably the New Year's Eve fire in downtown Mille Roches 1938-39;
Top middle - Long Sault Rapids and Cornwall Canal - c.1940s;
Top right - Rapids Prince heading to the Long Sault Rapids - c. 1940s;
Middle left - unidentified;
Middle right - Rapids Prince in Long Sault Rapids
Bottom left - At the Cornwall Canal - the canal banks were noted for their beautiful gardens - c. 1940s
Bottom middle - Pleasure craft in the Cornwall Canal - Long Sault Rapids and Long Sault Island beyond - c. 1940s
Bottom right - Rapids Prince in "The Cellar" of the Long Sault Rapids - c. 1940s- donated by Marie Gallagher

Bruce Miller

Top left - Bruce Miller, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Top right - Kay Windle with daughters, Brenda (L) and Wendy (R) at garden opposite HighwY #2 from Harry Windle's home and barber shop at left. House at right belonged to the Murdock, Elliott and Alguire families - photo c. late-1940s
Bottom left - south-west view of S.S. #4 - Mille Roches Public School, constructed in 1914
Bottom right - Bergin Lake viewed from downtown Mille Roches - c. early 1950s

Mille Roches United Church

Top left- Mille Roches United Church - c. 1940s
Top right - One of the last remaining structures still standing at Mille Roches in 1958. In the background is the dyke, created to hold the waters of Lake St. Lawrence
Bottom left - Mille Roches United Church awaits its demolition. The barn is on the property of Messecar/McCartney - photo c. 1958
Bottom right - Crusher at Mille Roches Quarry - c. late 1800s

Stanley Fleming

Top left - Stanley Fleming in garden at his home with Derousie Hardware Store and Warehouse in background - c. late-1940s
Top right - Unidentified child at Morrison McIntosh's General Store, Front Street, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Bottom left - Site of IGA Supermarket at Highway #2 - Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Bottom right - View from behind Alkerton's Service Station, looking east to Highway #2. Provincial Paper Mill water tower at centre of photo behind trees. The McLellan boat house is at centre left

Skinny dipping at the Mille Roches Quarry

Top left - A view to the south from the Powerhouse dyke, with "The Foot" of Sheek Island at right. Barnhart Island in the distance. The dried up Powerhouse sluiceway with Old Mille Roches at left, with Lower Road. Photo c. 1940s
Top right- St. George's Roman Catholic Chapel at Mille Roches, built in 1891. Photo taken c. 1940s
Bottom - Skinny dipping at the Mille Roches Quarry - c. 1940s

Maurice Conway and Ronnie Ray

Maurice Conway and Ronnie Ray at the Mille Roches Horticultural Society garden, east of Garnet Cook's Texaco Service Station at left. The Howard Manson Block is partially hidden by the sign, with the Manson Warner Block and Bush's Restaurant and Taxi Stand at right. The sign shown in this photo is displayed at the Moulinette Station at the Lost Villages Museum. Photo c. 1940s

Drownings at the Long Sault Rapids

Drownings at the Long Sault Rapids, - Leonard, Mary, and Frances Laurin and Charles W. Baker. Private Thorold Locey of the SDG Highlanders, the hero of a dramatic rescue of a boat holding Isabel McMillan, Fred "Teddie" Ladouceur, and Sandford Wereley - August 12, 1940

Results 126 to 150 of 2081