Showing 2081 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection
Print preview Hierarchy View:

2063 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

The Love/McAndrews/McLaren Home

This began as the beautiful brick home of the Love family, then became the Frank and Georgia McAndrews family home at Woodlands - c. 1900. At the time of the Hydro and Seaway projects, it was the home of Lorne & Connie McLaren and their children Donald, Neil and Susan, as well as Lena McLaren. This house was moved to 42 Pine Street in Ingleside on July 22, 1957

Mille Roches Powerhouse

Mille Roches Powerhouse- built by St. Lawrence Power Co., founded by M.P. Davis and incorporated May 23  1901. 
Generated 3,000 horsepower.  Construction on the Powerhouse began in the fall of 1900 and opened on October 24, 1901.  It operated until 1955.

S.S. #4 Mille Roches Public School Group photo

Mille Roches Public School - S.S. #4 - c. 1904 l. This school was replaced with a new brick school in 1914. This school was recycled into two homes at Mille Roches, Sneddon's and Dewar's. The homes were moved to Long Sault at the time of the Ontario-Hydro relocations, - Sneddon's at 16 St. Laurent Avenue and Dewar's at 39 St. Laurent Avenue

Kezar Fyckes house

An early 1900's photo of the Kezar home at Mille Roches. This home was at the heart of the village, with a commanding view of Bergin Lake, St. Lawrence River, and Sheek Island from the verandah or belvedere/cupola. Later belonged to Lera Fyckes.

Mille Roches GTR Station

Top left - Mille Roches GTR Railway Station in early 1900s
Top right - The Hugh Warner (L) and Alex Nichols (R) homes at Mille Roches with Cornwall Canal in foreground
Bottom left - Claude "Spin" Gowsell's car and home at Mille Roches, following a snowstorm
Bottom right - L-R: Robert (Bob) Germain, Jessie McMillan "Nanny"; Roy Dionne - Jessie McMillan home at left and the Bennett & Messecar "Lab" on right - c. late 1940s

Mille Roches from Canal 1900s

Circa 1900 photo of downtown Mille Roches at the curve in Highway #2. Mille Roches is a French language term meaning "Thousand Rocks", thought to have originated with the rocks of the quarries of Mille Roches

Rita Loucks

Aultsville post office in the home of Mr. & Mrs. John Morgan, with Mrs. Morgan the post mistress. Rita Loucks, daughter of William Loucks who delivered the rural mail, in front, c. 1926.

Results 1 to 25 of 2081