- LVMC-MR-2-070
- Item
- 1945-03
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Ernest "Ernie" Robertson from Mille Roches
3852 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Ernest "Ernie" Robertson from Mille Roches
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
A Canaler at Mille Roches, with view north-west across Bergin Lake, with little evidence of a once bustling town. Photo taken on April 17, 1958
Iron bridge over the water intake
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Iron bridge over the water intake for the Mille Roches Powerhouse. The ruins of the Powerhouse are behind the automobile - Photo c. 1957.
Mary Miller, Emily Oberon, Margaret McDonald (2/2)
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Teachers at Mille Roches Public School - L-R: Mary Miller, Emily Oberon, Margaret McDonald - Photo taken in 1940s
Ethel Touchette (L) and Phyllis O'Connell (R)
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Ethel Touchette (L) and Phyllis O'Connell (R) at the Mille Roches Swing-bridge
Isaac Fleming, Ezra Johnston, Cecil MacMillan house
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
This is the Isaac Fleming, Ezra Johnston, Cecil MacMillan home at Mille Roches, the 100th dwelling relocated from the Mille Roches-Moulinette area to Townsite #2 (Long Sault). Photo taken in early 1950s
Picturesque view at the Cornwall Canal
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Picturesque view at the Cornwall Canal, alongside Highway #2. Photo taken from the south canal Bank at Old Mille Roches, with the homes of the Davis, Warner and Nichols families, from left to right. Photo taken c. 1940s
Marshall Blackie and serviceman
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Servicemen from Mille Roches – Left: unknown – Right: Marshall Blackie
James Bowen, Charles Carpenter, Howard Stansel, Dalton “Vip” Vipond
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Servicemen at Mille Roches on September 28, 1941. From left to right: James Bowen, Charles Carpenter, Howard Stansel, Dalton “Vip” Vipond
Harry Windle's home and Barber Shop at left and the Russell Elliott/Ross Alguire home on the right
Mille Roches Provincial Paper Mill
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Provincial Paper Mill at Mille Roches, with Bergin Lake in the foreground
Mille Roches Hockey Team Executive
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Mille Roches Hockey Team Executive - c. 1950 - Banquet at Ernie's Hotel, Maple Grove. Standing, left to right: Bert Henderson, Buzz Barkley, Farrand Gillie, Floyd Barkley, Milton Matheson, Jim MacGillivary and Everett (Ev) Bush
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Aerial view of Mille Roches, with Sheek Island and Old Mille Roches at left. The Cornwall Canal is below the Swing-bridge and Bergin Lake above. Photo taken c. late-1940s
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Fence at the front of the Provincial Paper Mill at Mille Roches, following its closure in the mid-1950s. When in operation, the grass was manicured, and the fence painted
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Cornwall Centre Quarry - North-west of the intersection of Cornwall Centre Road and Nine Mile Road (now Power Dam Drive). Photo taken on October 16, 1957
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Cornwall Centre Quarry - Aerial photo taken October 16, 1957
Mille Roches Public School 1938
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Mille Roches Public School - 1938 - 1st and 2nd Forms
Front, L-R: Keith Sayers, Alan Brown
Second Row, L-R: Eunice Young, Joan Miller, Isobel McLellan, Marie Stansel, Iva Lou Hartle, Marguerite Touchette
Back Row, L-R: Raphael Quenneville, Lawrence Welch, Lorne MacMillan, Jimmy Forbes, Archie McLellan, Vernon Whaley, Floyd Buchner
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
This was the Ralph Rupert home from Mille Roches, located on Highway #2 overlooking Bergin Lake. This was the 50th house moved to Long Sault and identified as SL 418. The house was vacant at the time of its move to Lot 365 in Long Sault. The house was moved and placed on its new foundation on September 10, 1956. The house was rented to the E. Meunier family for July and August 1957. On November 1, 1957, the house was rented to Red and Joyce (Whiteside) Carson. Ernest (Ernie) and Ida Whaley and family were long-time residents of this home at 37 Bethune Avenue, Long Sault.
Canada Steamships Lines' Rapids Prince
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Top left - Canada Steamships Lines' Rapids Prince, near Dickinson's Landing, heading to the Long Sault Rapids - c. 1940s; other photos unidentified - donated by Marie Gallagher
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Steamer "Kingston" - a side paddle-wheeler - photo taken at Prescott, Ontario - 1945 - donated by Marie Gallagher
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Emmanuel Pentecostal Church - north end of the village of Mille Roches - c. 1950 - donated by Marie Gallagher
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
This was the Ralph Rupert home from Mille Roches, located on Highway #2 overlooking Bergin Lake. This was the 50th house moved to Long Sault and identified as SL 418. The house was vacant at the time of its move to Lot 365 in Long Sault. The house was moved and placed on its new foundation on September 10, 1956. The house was rented to the E. Meunier family for July and August 1957. On November 1, 1957, the house was rented to Red and Joyce (Whiteside) Carson. Ernest (Ernie) and Ida Whaley and family were long time residents of this home at 37 Bethune Avenue, Long Sault. - Donated by Marie Gallagher
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Top left - Murdock McMillan- 1939 - Goalie for Mille Roches Hockey Team
Top middle - L-R - Norma Gowsell, daughter of Clara Gowsell and sister of Garry Gowsell, and Kay Ray;
Top right - Photo taken alongside Highway #2, east of St. George's Roman Catholic Chapel, with Cornwall Canal, Old Mille Roches on Sheek Island, and St. Lawrence River beyond;
Bottom left - Mille Roches Juvenile Hockey Team Champions - 1939-40
Bottom right - Unidentified
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Top left - James (Jimmy) Haining, Kent Crescent, Long Sault
Top middle - Provincial Paper Mill Ltd., Mille Roches
Top right - Ship in the Cornwall Canal, east of the swing-bridge at Mille Roches. Highway #2 in foreground, with Old Mille Roches on Sheek Island in the background
Bottom left - Boat in the Cornwall Canal - photo taken in the vicinity of the Hugh Warner home, east of the school and Catholic church at Mille Roches. That's old Mille Roches on Sheek Island across the canal. All buildings, except for cottages, on Sheek Island were destroyed during the Seaway and Hydro projects
Bottom right - James (Jimmy) Haining on the St Lawrence
All photos from c. 1950
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Top photo - Hauling earth at Old Mille Roches to construct the earthen cofferdam between Sheek Island and Barnhart Island. The large home at the centre left of the photo was the Angus Peter McDonald family, the grandfather of Harold Eastman. The home developed into two units, with Basil and Phyllis Picard in the west half, and Harold and Isabel (McGillis) in east half. - c. 1954
Second from top - Vivian Picard (L) and Jeannette Sauve (R) - won 1st prize at Skating Party at Mille Roches Arena. Home-made costumes were made by Sauve family. - Photo c. late 1940s
Third from top, left - Stone being taken out of the Mille Roches Powerhouse Quarry for the construction of Cofferdam-1, between Sheek Island and Barnhart Island
Third from top, right - Dynamite team at the Mille Roches Powerhouse Quarry - extraction of stone for Cofferdam-1
Bottom, left - Back kitchen of Alice Young's home, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Bottom, right - Alice Young in her kitchen, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Part of Lost Villages Museum Collection
Bedroom over kitchen in home of Alice Young, Mille Roches - c. 1940s