Print preview Close

Showing 2063 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Mille Roches downtown and ships

Top left - Probably the New Year's Eve fire in downtown Mille Roches 1938-39;
Top middle - Long Sault Rapids and Cornwall Canal - c.1940s;
Top right - Rapids Prince heading to the Long Sault Rapids - c. 1940s;
Middle left - unidentified;
Middle right - Rapids Prince in Long Sault Rapids
Bottom left - At the Cornwall Canal - the canal banks were noted for their beautiful gardens - c. 1940s
Bottom middle - Pleasure craft in the Cornwall Canal - Long Sault Rapids and Long Sault Island beyond - c. 1940s
Bottom right - Rapids Prince in "The Cellar" of the Long Sault Rapids - c. 1940s- donated by Marie Gallagher

Bruce Miller

Top left - Bruce Miller, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Top right - Kay Windle with daughters, Brenda (L) and Wendy (R) at garden opposite HighwY #2 from Harry Windle's home and barber shop at left. House at right belonged to the Murdock, Elliott and Alguire families - photo c. late-1940s
Bottom left - south-west view of S.S. #4 - Mille Roches Public School, constructed in 1914
Bottom right - Bergin Lake viewed from downtown Mille Roches - c. early 1950s

Stanley Fleming

Top left - Stanley Fleming in garden at his home with Derousie Hardware Store and Warehouse in background - c. late-1940s
Top right - Unidentified child at Morrison McIntosh's General Store, Front Street, Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Bottom left - Site of IGA Supermarket at Highway #2 - Mille Roches - c. 1940s
Bottom right - View from behind Alkerton's Service Station, looking east to Highway #2. Provincial Paper Mill water tower at centre of photo behind trees. The McLellan boat house is at centre left

Skinny dipping at the Mille Roches Quarry

Top left - A view to the south from the Powerhouse dyke, with "The Foot" of Sheek Island at right. Barnhart Island in the distance. The dried up Powerhouse sluiceway with Old Mille Roches at left, with Lower Road. Photo c. 1940s
Top right- St. George's Roman Catholic Chapel at Mille Roches, built in 1891. Photo taken c. 1940s
Bottom - Skinny dipping at the Mille Roches Quarry - c. 1940s

Maurice Conway and Ronnie Ray

Maurice Conway and Ronnie Ray at the Mille Roches Horticultural Society garden, east of Garnet Cook's Texaco Service Station at left. The Howard Manson Block is partially hidden by the sign, with the Manson Warner Block and Bush's Restaurant and Taxi Stand at right. The sign shown in this photo is displayed at the Moulinette Station at the Lost Villages Museum. Photo c. 1940s

Drownings at the Long Sault Rapids

Drownings at the Long Sault Rapids, - Leonard, Mary, and Frances Laurin and Charles W. Baker. Private Thorold Locey of the SDG Highlanders, the hero of a dramatic rescue of a boat holding Isabel McMillan, Fred "Teddie" Ladouceur, and Sandford Wereley - August 12, 1940

Water tower north view

Mille Roches - c. 1941. View north from the park west of swing bridge on the south side of the bridge, Provincial Paper Mill, wharf (swimming hole), and Joe Robertson house, the first house west of the paper mill

Vince Ross' Barber Shop

Vince Ross' Barber Shop at right. Mary (McGillis) Ross in front of the grocery store and meat market, first owned by James MacGillivray, then James Hickman and Jean-Paul Touchette. Mille Roches United Church Hall at left. Photo c. early 1940s

Results 126 to 150 of 2063