Print preview Close

Showing 2063 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Aerial view of Mille Roches Powerhouse (1/3)

Mille Roches Powerhouse at centre of this aerial photo, operated by St. Lawrence Power. Swing Bridge from the mainland (top) to Sheek Island, with old Mille Roches across the water from the Powerhouse. Bergin Lake is at the left, behind the dyke. The Cornwall Canal extends to the east and west of the swing Bridge, with St. George's Roman Catholic Chapel at top centre. Mille Roches Public School is to the left of the church, and Lakeview Cheese Factory is across Highway #2 from the school. Photo c. 1940s

Lakeview Cheese Factory

Mille Roches Cheese Factory - Lakeview Cheese Factory - Operated by Mr. Davis, cheese-maker. The Wilkins family in photo - c. 1940s. The factory was first known as the Wilkins Cheese Factory, operated by cheese-maker Charles A. Wilkins in the early 1900s, then the Jim Davis Cheese Factory in the 1940s

Downtown Mille Roches

Downtown Mille Roches - The structures from left to right are: Manson Warner Block; Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce; MacGillivary/MacDonald/Percy Johnston Hotel/Inn; Rossie Bryan & Wilburn Kyer home; Harry Windle Barber Shop, then Stephenson's; Rossie Murdock/Ross Alguire home; Rossie Murdock's Store, then Bill Alguire (behind Texaco sign); Louis Allinotte's home and Hardware Store, with Bank of Montreal at front; Tait Estate - St. George's Anglican Hall.
The Provincial Paper Mill Water Tower in background, with the James (Jimmy) Johnston/Garnet Cook/Albert Alkerton Esso Service Station across Highway #2 at Bergin Lake. Photo c. 1940

New Manson Warner Block

The new Manson Warner Block, built in the early 1940s, following the disastrous New Year's Eve fire of 1938-39. Campbell's Restaurant in the right unit, and the Manson Warner Tin Smith Shop in the middle unit

Jim Sheets' property

Photo taken from the Jim Sheets' property at Mille Roches c. 1940s. Old Mille Roches across the Cornwall Canal, with homes from left to right: Ronald MacDonald; Bland Raymond; J.A. MacMillan; MacDonald; D. Robertson; Plumadore

Mille Roches Hockey Team

Mille Roches Hockey Team - c. 1940s - Left-Right: Bert Henderson, Manager; Charlie Gallagher; Clarence Gowsell; Cecil MacMillan; George Wilkins; Charlie Wilkins; Norbert Gowsell

Cenotaph

Mille Roches-Moulinette Cenotaph, at Mille Roches Public School. Cenotaph moved to Ault Park, South Stormont

Results 76 to 100 of 2063