Showing 2063 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

Alex and Florence McLellan

Alex and Florence McLellan, Mille Roches, celebrate their 50th Wedding Anniversay in 1965. Alex was born on April 19, 1890, and married Florence O'Connell of Finch, Ontario, in 1915. They had a family of 10 children

Alex Nichol's home

The white clapboard house, shown on the right in both photos, was moved from its picturesque location overlooking the Cornwall Canal at Mille Roches. In Mille Roches, it was identified as the Alex Nichol home and the 49th to be moved in the Ontario Hydro relocation project of the 1950s. The house was identified as SL 409, and Hydro had purchased it at some time before its move, as they intended to have it as a "Stop-over house", following its relocation to Long Sault. The house was lifted off its old foundation, moved, and then placed on its new foundation on Lot 398 on September 11, 1956. On June 7, 1957, Hydro rented the home to J. Alex and Evelyn (Fickes) Campbell. Bryan and Norma (Quinn) Barker and Ken and Doreen (Ward) Losey were long-time owners of this home, and the occupants in 2021 are Grant Wilson and Karly Girard. Hugh Warner is building his home, next door.

Alice Young and James (Jimmy) Haining

Top left - Alice Young and James (Jimmy) Haining in Alice's house at Mille Roches - c. 1950
Top right - Long Sault Rapids cofferdam completed and dewatering in progressive- c. mid-1950s
Bottom left - Fred H. Green's home at Mille Roches. - c. 1940s

Alice Young's home (1/3)

Alice Young's home at Mille Roches, now at 3 Frost Avenue, Long Sault
This was the home of Miss Alice Young of Mille Roches and was the 23rd house moved to Long Sault. It was identified as SL 359 and had been purchased by Ontario Hydro prior to its move. Miss Young was building a new home in Long Sault, but did not move into it until October 1, 1956, so she rented from Hydro for a few months. The house was lifted off its original foundation and moved to Long Sault on August 14, 1956. The following day, the house was placed on its new foundation at Lot 354, 3 Frost Avenue. Miss Young left the house at Mille Roches on August 14, 1956 and stayed at Hydro stop-over house # 357 at 11 Frost Avenue. She returned to the house, at its new location on August 16, 1956, living there for only 45 days before moving to her new home.

Alice Young's home (2/3)

Alice Young's home at Mille Roches, now at 3 Frost Avenue, Long Sault
This was the home of Miss Alice Young of Mille Roches and was the 23rd house moved to Long Sault. It was identified as SL 359 and had been purchased by Ontario Hydro prior to its move. Miss Young was building a new home in Long Sault, but did not move into it until October 1, 1956, so she rented from Hydro for a few months. The house was lifted off its original foundation and moved to Long Sault on August 14, 1956. The following day, the house was placed on its new foundation at Lot 354, 3 Frost Avenue. Miss Young left the house at Mille Roches on August 14, 1956 and stayed at Hydro stop-over house # 357 at 11 Frost Avenue. She returned to the house, at its new location on August 16, 1956, living there for only 45 days before moving to her new home.

Alice Young's home (3/3)

Alice Young's home at Mille Roches, now at 3 Frost Avenue, Long Sault
This was the home of Miss Alice Young of Mille Roches and was the 23rd house moved to Long Sault. It was identified as SL 359 and had been purchased by Ontario Hydro prior to its move. Miss Young was building a new home in Long Sault, but did not move into it until October 1, 1956, so she rented from Hydro for a few months. The house was lifted off its original foundation and moved to Long Sault on August 14, 1956. The following day, the house was placed on its new foundation at Lot 354, 3 Frost Avenue. Miss Young left the house at Mille Roches on August 14, 1956 and stayed at Hydro stop-over house # 357 at 11 Frost Avenue. She returned to the house, at its new location on August 16, 1956, living there for only 45 days before moving to her new home.

Arthur Robertson's carriage shop

Arthur Robertson's carriage shop building at Maple Grove – c. 1950. This building was converted to two residences, with Golda and Milton Matheson living in one unit. Robertson Creek in foreground. The carriage shop's sign is at Upper Canada Village in 2021. The business was the precursor to Cornwall Motor Sales and Seaway Motors, Cornwall

Audrey Baker, Millross and Raymond family

Top left - Audrey Baker, Mille Roches
Top right - L-R: Mrs. Raymond, Mr. Raymond, Milton Millross, Florence Millross, Mrs. Claude Raymond, Claude Raymond, baby Raymond
Bottom left - Removal of rail road tracks at Mille Roches - July 22, 1957 - at right is the Mille Roches Arena and the stack of the Provincial Paper Mill
Bottom right - Roy Bone

Results 26 to 50 of 2063