Print preview Close

Showing 2063 results

Archival description
Lost Villages Museum Collection With digital objects
Print preview Hierarchy View:

The dock at Aultsville

"The Dock" at Aultsville with Stein Island in the background. This was the wharf used by travelers between Aultsville and Louisville Landing, New York. This was a popular swimming site as well.

Aultsville Railway Station

The Aultsville Grand Trunk/Canadian National Railway Station at Aultsville c. 1956. Note the patch on the roof required after a locomotive jumped the track and crashed into the station c. 1928. Allen MacMillan was the CNR agent for many years, but the last agent was Leon Piper

Rita Loucks

Aultsville post office in the home of Mr. & Mrs. John Morgan, with Mrs. Morgan the post mistress. Rita Loucks, daughter of William Loucks who delivered the rural mail, in front, c. 1926.

Ault House

The Ault house in downtown Aultsville, at the corner of Highway #2 and the road to the Government Wharf. The house was built by U.E.L. Captain Nicholas Ault who served in the Stormont Militia during the War of 1812 and the Fenian Raids. It was the birthplace of more than five generations of the Ault family.

Downtown Aultsville

Downtown Aultsville - Bank of Montreal/Masonic Lodge/Wes Bedingfield's General Store at left, with Dafoe's Store across the road heading north (Left in this photo).. c. 1950

The Love/McAndrews/McLaren Home

This began as the beautiful brick home of the Love family, then became the Frank and Georgia McAndrews family home at Woodlands - c. 1900. At the time of the Hydro and Seaway projects, it was the home of Lorne & Connie McLaren and their children Donald, Neil and Susan, as well as Lena McLaren. This house was moved to 42 Pine Street in Ingleside on July 22, 1957

McLaren Farm

The home of Lorne & Connie McLaren and Lena McLaren at Woodlands. This is the present-day site of McLaren Island and McLaren Campsite on the Long Sault Parkway. Photo c. 1950

Results 1 to 25 of 2063